Apple Cherry Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup frozen pitted sweet cherries $1.56
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple sauce $1.31
- 2 large eggs $0.32
- ½ tsp vanilla extract $0.14
- ½ tsp almond extract $0.14
- ¼ tsp cinnamon $0.02
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- ¾ tsp baking powder $0.03
- 1 cup milk $0.44
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned rolled oats $0.34
- Take the cherries out of the freezer and allow them to thaw. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the apple sauce, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Once combined, add the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Roughly chop the cherries and add them to the bowl of liquid ingredients, along with the rolled oats. Stir with a spoon until combined.
- Lightly coat an 8″x8″ or 9″x9″ baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the oat mixture into the dish and then bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and no longer tacky in the center. Divide into six portions and serve warm.