Baked Omelets in Bread
- 1 baguette (15 inches long)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices thinly sliced prosciutto (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice 1/4 inch off the top of the bread, and hollow out bottom, saving the soft interior of the loaf for a later use (tip: place in a freezer bag for use as breadcrumbs later). Cut top into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, zest, milk, parsley, and Parmesan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup of the small diced bread pieces.
- Place hollowed-out bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place prosciutto slices along inside of bread to cover. Slowly pour egg mixture to the brim. Bake until eggs are puffed up and cooked through, 30 to 33 minutes. Slice into 2-inch pieces. Serve immediately.