Baked Pineapple Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe
- 36 wonton wrappers
- coconut oil or olive oil for brushing wontons
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce
- crushed pineapple from 8 oz. crushed pineapple can (reserve juice for sweet and sour sauce)
Easy Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup kethup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pineapple juice form 8 oz pineapple can
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sriracha to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1/2 cup water to a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together wonton filling ingredients until well combined. Place a heaping 1 teaspoon wonton filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Wet your finger and brush along the edges of the wonton wrapper, then fold into a triangle, pressing edges together to seal well. Repeat for the rest of the wontons.
- Place finished wontons on a baking rack ontop of a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides of each wonton with olive oil or coconut oil. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until corners are browned and crispy.
- To make the Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce, whisk together ketchup, vinegar, sugar and garlic in a medium saucepan. Pour pineapple juice into 1/2 cup measuring cup then add water to equal full ½ cup. Whisk in cornstarch to the pineapple juice/water then add to saucepan and stir until well combined. Bring ingredients to a boil and simmer until thick – 1-2 minutes. Taste and add additional vinegar for more tang/sour or sugar for sweetness according to your preference. You can also add sriracha for a little heat.