- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika $0.30
- 1 tsp cumin $0.10
- 1 tsp thyme $0.10
- 1 tsp oregano $0.10
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper $0.02
- ¼ tsp garlic powder $0.02
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- Freshly cracked pepper (about 20 cranks of a pepper mill) $0.05
- 1 Tbsp butter $0.15
- 4 (4 oz. ea.) tilapia filets $3.33
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, cumin, thyme, oregano, cayenne, garlic, salt, and pepper. Liberally coat both sides of each tilapia filet with the spices. The moisture from the filet will help the spices adhere. If the fish is very wet, pat it dry with a paper towel before beginning, so that it is just damp.
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to foam. Add two of the fish filets at a time and cook for about two minutes on each side, or until the spices have turned a deep burgundy color and the fish is cooked through. Repeat with the second two filets, adding more butter before beginning, if needed. Serve hot.