Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 2 cups all purpose flour (plus a little for dusting) $0.28
- 1 tsp salt $0.05
- ¼ tsp instant or bread machine yeast $0.02
- ¾ cup (approximately) water $0.00
- 1 Tbsp butter $0.09
- 1 clove garlic $0.08
- 4 oz. cream cheese $1.00
- ½ cup milk $0.31
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- 2 cups shredded chicken $0.93
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce $0.51
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar) $1.25
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles $0.30
- 3 green onions, sliced $0.20
- Prepare the dough the night before. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, and yeast. Stir until well combined. Add just enough water to make the mixture come into a single ball of dough with no dry flour left in the bowl (about ¾ cup water – amount may vary). Loosely cover the dough and allow it to ferment at room temperature over night (12-18 hours).
- The next day, prepare the cream sauce. Combine the butter and minced garlic in a small sauce pot. Cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is soft. Add the cream cheese, milk, and salt. Whisk and cook for a few minutes more, or until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce becomes smooth. Set the sauce aside.
- Combine the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce in a bowl and toss until the chicken is well coated.
- When you’re ready to build the pizza, begin preheating the oven to 450 degrees. Dust the ball of dough generously with flour, then remove it from the bowl. The dough will be very loose and sticky. Using enough flour to keep your hands from sticking, stretch the dough out into a 14 to 16 inch circle. Place the dough on a pizza pan.
- Spread the cream sauce over the surface of the dough. Next add the buffalo chicken, the shredded cheese, and finally the blue cheese crumbles. Once the oven has fully preheated, bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the crust is golden brown.
- When the pizza comes out of the oven, top it with sliced green onions and serve.