Cherry Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (2 packs of graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (12 Tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 (3 oz.) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse graham crackers until crumbly. Mix in sugar and melted butter until crust forms.
- Press graham cracker crust into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let crust cool before topping with cheesecake mixture.
- In a small saucepan, boil water. Add cherry gelatin mixture to a small bowl. Add boiling water to gelatin mixture and stir until completely dissolved. Let cool before adding to cream cheese mixture.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and creamy.
- Add cooled cherry gelatin and heavy whipping cream and mix until completely combined.
- The cream cheese mixture will start out runny, but don’t give up. Keep beating it until it thickens. Also, if your using a stand mixer switch to a wire whip attachment.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of cooled crust. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours before cutting into squares. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!