Chili Lime Cantaloupe
- ½ medium cantaloupe $1.00
- 1.5-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about ½ lime) $0.25
- ½ Tbsp honey $0.06
- ⅛ tsp salt $0.02
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper $0.02
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Reserve half of the cantaloupe for breakfast or other meals. Take the remaining half and cut it into quarters. Using a sharp knife, carefully run the knife between the flesh and the rind. Once the rind is removed, slice the melon into thin pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of half a lime (about 1.5-2 Tbsp), honey, salt, and crushed red pepper. Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced cantaloupe and toss to coat the melon in the dressing. Serve immediately, or chill until ready to eat. Give the melon a brief stir before serving.