Easy Freezer Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 Gallon Freezer Bag
- 12 Large Potatoes (preferred Yukon Golds), peeled and cubed
- 1 Cup Butter, cubed
- ½ Cup Milk (little more or less depending on texture preference)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Loaded Mashed Potatoes (add after they thaw)
- Reduce above butter to ½ Cup
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chives (dried or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- In a large pot, bring your peeled and cubed potatoes to a full boil. Reduce heat to medium high and continue to boil until the largest pieces of potato are very tender and almost fall apart when stabbed.
- Drain the water, leaving about 4 Tbsp. of it in with the potatoes.
- Add the butter to the potatoes and cover with a lid and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid. With a hand masher, throughly mash your potatoes, getting as many big lumps as possible. If you have one, you can use a potato ricer instead.
- Once mashed (or riced), add milk, salt and pepper and continue to mash until all the lumps are out. Once you have it mashed to your preferred texture (remember these are mashed, not whipped), bag it and freeze.