Honey Oat Bread Recipe
- 3 cups Flour
- ¾ cups Oats (instant or old fashioned)
- 2¼ teaspoons Instant yeast
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup Warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons honey, warmed slightly
- 2 Tablespoons Old Fashioned Oats
- In your Kitchen Aid, Bosch or in a large mixing bowl combine the Oats, Flour, Yeast and Salt.
- Heat your milk and butter until melted. Allow to cool until warm. Then stir in the honey and water.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture until it comes together to form a dough. Knead by hand or with a dough hook on your mixer for 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place your dough in a oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until double in size (45 minutes to an hour).
- Shape your loaf and place it into a 9×5 loaf pan. cover with a towel and allow to rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add an empty pot or pan to the lower rack to heat up. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add to pan.
- When your loaf is raised to double the size, heat up your honey and spread a nice layer over the top. Sprinkle oats on top.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until the bread is a nice dark golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool completely before eating. Enjoy!