Kiddo’s Breakfast Tortillas
- 6 – 8 ounces 1 or 2 favorite cheeses, grated
- 1 pound bacon or sausage
- 6 – 8 large eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons half and half or milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh herbs of your choice, torn or snipped into pieces
- 10 flour or corn fajita-size tortillas
- Go ahead and grate your selected cheeses first. Set aside or refrigerate till ready to use.
- Cook the bacon or sausage: either cut the bacon or sausage into small pieces (usually works best in these small rolled tortillas, or keep bacon in strips if you prefer). In a hot pan over medium heat, stir the bacon pieces occasionally till browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Drain all but a tablespoon or two of the bacon or sausage grease from the pan, reserving the rest int he pan.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and add the half and half or milk, salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, combine the mixture well and pour into your hot pan with the bacon or sausage grease. Cook and scramble, stirring occasionally as the mixture thickens until eggs are your desired level of done. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to the package instructions.
- Assembling the tortillas: Spread about 3-4 tablespoons (more or less to taste) of warm eggs in the middle of your tortilla. top with a little of the grated cheeses, some of the bacon or sausage pieces and finish with the fresh herbs. Take one lone side of the tortilla and tuck it as tightly as possible against the filling and roll to the other side. Place finished tortillas seam side down on a platter and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients. These will reheat great for a few seconds in your microwave right before serving. Cut in half, serve with some fresh fruit and enjoy!