Mango and Coconut Semifreddo Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (120g) honey
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut cream, that has been refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup (50g) coconut milk powder
- Pureed flesh of 2 large mangoes, plus extra mango to serve
- Toasted coconut, strawberries, raspberries and mint sprigs to serve
- Grease and line a 11cm (4⅓ inches) by 20cm (8 inch) loaf pan with baking paper. Leave some of the baking paper overhanging so that you can remove the semifreddo once frozen.
- Place the egg yolks, vanilla extract, and 2 tbs of the honey in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Using a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, before gradually adding the remaining honey.
- In another bowl whisk the chilled coconut cream until slightly thickened. Gradually add the coconut milk powder and whisk until combined.
- Add ⅓ of the egg white mixture into the coconut cream, and mix until combined before carefully folding in the remaining egg whites followed by the egg yolk mixture. Finally, fold in the mango puree.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Remove the semifreddo from the freezer 5 to 10 minutes before you are ready to serve it. Turn the loaf pan upside down and remove the semifreddo and place on your serving dish. Top with toasted coconut, strawberries, raspberries and mint to serve.