Marinated Cheese Appetizer
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half.
- Using a small dish with a little bit of an edge, place cheese slices on end alternating between cheddar and cream cheese slices.
- Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic.
- Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Take out of the refrigerator about 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with sliced baguettes or triscuits (low-salt).