My Homemade Baking Mix Recipe
- 5 cups flour
- ¼ cup baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Butter flavor shortening or butter
- Using a Kitchenaid mixer or food processor – blend in ingredients until powder.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
- If you use butter, baking mix needs to be stored in the fridge or freezer so that the butter wont go rancid. If using shortening, it can be stored in a cool, dry place.
- I usually do about 3 batches of this recipe at once.