Orange Scented Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 200g (7 oz) 70% cocoa chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 60g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 65g (1/3 cup) white sugar
- 40g (1/3 cup) cocoa (not Dutch processed)
- ½ tsp bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 200g (7 oz) 70% cocoa chocolate, chopped
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius (340 Fahrenheit). Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir to combine and leave to cool for 5 minutes before moving onto the next step.
- Add the eggs and brown and white sugars to the bowl of an electric stand mixerfitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until thick, light and creamy, around 5 to 7 minutes. The mixture should form thick creamy ribbons when you lift the whisk, that sit on top of the mixture for a few seconds before settling into the rest of the mixture. If it doesn’t do this keep whisking.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and sift in the cocoa and baking soda. Fold through the eggs before adding the extra chopped chocolate and orange zest.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto 2 baking sheets lined with baking paper and bake for 8 minutes. Leave on the tray to a 5 minutes to firm up before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.