Perfect Pan Baked Classic French Toast Recipe
- sheet pan
- non-stick spray
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 pieces of sweet, rich bread such as brioche or challah (can be more pieces of bread is smaller than sandwich style loaf)
- Position your oven rack in the center position and place a sheet pan on the rack. Preheat your oven to 450F. Let the sheet pan heat in the oven for at least 20 minutes or until you are ready to cook your french toast.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. You can also add a touch of cinnamon if desired.
- You will need to work quickly once you pull the pan out of the oven so get your pan spray ready and have your milk/egg mixture and pieces of bread set up and ready.
- Once the oven is completely preheated and you are about ready to serve, use an oven mitt to pull the hot sheet pan out of the oven. Spray the pan liberally with non-stick spray. Dip each piece of bread into the milk/egg mixture, coating both sides, then arrange the pieces on the sheet pan. The pieces should sear when they hit the hot pan.
- Return the pan to the oven to finish cooking the french toast. It will take anywhere from 5-8 minutes for the pieces to cook so stay nearby and watch the pan so the french toast does not burn.
- Serve immediately.