Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
- 5-7 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on or off)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
(OPTIONAL) GARLIC BUTTER DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED SHRIMP:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a cutting board, slice the prosciutto into three long strips and then slice each of those strips in half. (You should have six long strips that are approximately 1-inch by 4-5 inches.) Wrap a piece of prosciutto around the body of a piece of shrimp, and lay it seam-side-down on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and prosciutto.
- Brush the melted butter onto the top of each shrimp. Season with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque and the prosciutto is slightly crispy. Serve warm, with cocktail forks if desired.
TO MAKE THE GARLIC BUTTER DIPPING SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired, and serve warm.