Roasted Eggplant with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1⅓ lb.) $2.77
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.32
- Handful fresh cilantro or parsley leaves $0.30
- 3 Tbsp tahini $0.61
- 3 Tbsp water $0.00
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice $0.09
- ¼ tsp garlic powder $0.02
- ¼ tsp cumin $0.02
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper $0.02
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the eggplant into ½ inch rounds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the eggplant rounds in a single layer on the baking sheet. Use a second sheet if necessary. Use a pastry brush to brush the olive oil over the surface of the eggplant. Bake the eggplant in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until soft and no longer spongey.
- While the eggplant is baking, prepare the dressing. Add the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt to a small blender and blend until smooth. If a small blender is not available, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate the dressing until the eggplant is ready, so the flavors can blend and the mixture will thicken.
- When the eggplant is finished, drizzle the dressing over top and then sprinkle with fresh cilantro or parsley leaves.