Sautéed Corn and Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter $0.15
- 2 cloves garlic $0.16
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes $0.89
- ½ tsp dried basil $0.05
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- Freshly cracked pepper (15-20 cranks of a pepper mill) $0.05
- ¼ tsp sugar $0.02
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels $0.93
- handful fresh parsley (optional) $0.10
- Mince the garlic and sauté it with butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat for one to two minutes, or just until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juices) to the skillet, along with the basil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir to combine and turn the heat up to medium. Allow the skillet to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until most of the juices have evaporated and the mixture has thickened.
- Add the frozen corn to the skillet (no thawing needed). Stir to combine and heat through (3-5 minutes). Taste and adjust the salt if needed. Sprinkle with a handful of fresh chopped parsley if desired.