Southwest Spiced Corn
- 4 ears fresh corn $1.20
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temperature $0.37
- 1 tsp cumin $0.10
- ½ tsp chili powder* $0.05
- ¼ tsp garlic powder $0.03
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- 1 medium lime, zested (about 1 tsp zest) $0.75
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro (optional) $0.20
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the room temperature butter, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Use a microplane or a fine holed cheese grater to scrape the thin, green zest from half of the lime and add it to the bowl. Use a fork to whip the butter and spices together. Roughly chop the cilantro and stir it into the butter mixture.
- Remove the husks and silk from each ear of corn. Tear off four pieces of foil, making sure that each is big enough to tightly wrap around the corn. Smear the butter and spice mixture over the surface of each ear of corn, then wrap tightly in the foil.
- Place the seasoned and wrapped ears of corn on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Allow the corn to sit a few minutes, or until it is cool enough to handle. Squeeze lime juice over the corn before eating, if desired.