Southwestern Fiesta Chicken
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
For The Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 onion)
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (about 3 bell peppers)
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- Add the rice, water, salt, lime juice, and cilantro to a medium pot. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 14 minutes. Set aside and keep covered.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with half of taco seasoning. In a very large skillet or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, increase the heat to high, and add the onions, bell peppers, corn, and remaining taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are slightly blackened. Decrease heat to low, add garlic, and stir until combined and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the drained black beans and tomatoes, rice, and chicken. Stir all to combine. Garnish with extra chopped cilantro and top with diced avocado