Taco Party Bread
- ½ lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Toppings: green onions, sour cream, diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef until done and no longer pink.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1 inch slices in the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting all the way through. It’s a little tricky going the second way but the bread is forgiving.
- Sprinkle taco meat in the cracks of the bread making sure to evenly distribute it. Do the same with the shredded cheese making sure to get it deep inside the cracks.
- Wrap bread in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While bread is baking, combine melted butter and remaining 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning in a small bowl. Remove bread from oven. Unwrap and brush the outside of the bread with the taco seasoning mixture.
- Continue to bake bread uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread has slightly browned.
- Garnish with green onions, sour cream, and tomatoes right before serving. Pull apart and enjoy!