Toasted Coconut Breakfast Porridge Recipe
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk (regular or light is fine)
- ½ cup quinoa
- a pinch of salt
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup juice or water – Bai5 Antioxidant Infusions Congo Pear is perfection in this
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- cinnamon to taste
- apple slices, peanut butter, or honey for topping
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the quinoa and salt and cook for 15 minutes or so, until the quinoa is cooked. Add the Bai5, oats, cinnamon, and salt – cook for just a few more minutes to soften the oats.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add the coconut flakes and shake in the pan until lightly toasted. You can also do this in the oven, but I find it’s a bit faster on the stovetop.
- Serve up the porridge topped with toasted coconut and anything your heart desires.