Vintage Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 egg well beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 scant tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp. clove or ginger
- ⅓ tsp allspice or nutmeg
- 1 cup strained pumpkin or sweet potato
- 1 cup boiling hot rich milk (whole milk)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place well beaten egg, sugar, salt, cinnamon, clove/ginger, allspice/ nutmeg and 1 cup strained pumpkin or sweet potato in a blender. Blend well.
- Bring to boil 1 cup of whole milk.
- Slowly pour the boiling milk into pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mixture to a homemade pie crust that has been baked for 15 minutes.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Then turn heat down to 350 degrees and continue cooking for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let pie cool completely. Chill in the fridge before serving.